Sunday, January 3, 2010

My BBF is Jesus

Some years ago I spent a lot of time pleading with God to give me a best friend. I looked fervently around for one. I thought something was wrong with me because I never had one. I idolized human beings who I thought were the ones to be my bbf. In all of this I lost my way. I looked in the wrong places. I tried too hard and ended up with a broken heart. At the end of my two years in the Living Waters ministry, I asked once more with all the healing those two years brought in my heart. I was still asking! The answer was swift and settled the matter forever: Jesus IS my best friend. He has been all along. Imagine His pain as He watched me hop from one person to another, begging for a deeper relationship than that person could ever give. He had to clear away the garbage and give me a transformed life, a new way to live on the inside and the out. How sweet it is to be loved by Him, deeply, unconditionally, perfectly. Now I simply turn to Him when I'm feeling alone. He fills me up. Thank You, Jesus.

No comments: