Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Father's Pursuit

In the beginning of my journey to healing, I needed to connect with God. When I trusted Christ, the eternal connection was forged. What I didn't see at the time was my heavenly Father's relentless pursuit of me until I became His child. That pursuit didn't stop the day I got saved. He pursued me for years to bring me to a place where I was ready to accept healing. He saw the burdens I carried, the pain and loneliness I lived with, and the deep sense of personal failure I held onto. Even as I prayed, sang, worshipped, and studied His word, I felt worthless. I was a good Christian. I dressed right. I said the right things. I took care of my family. I gave myself to service. I wanted with all my heart to please God. Yet, underneath all of that was a darkness and sadness so deep, I wasn't even aware they existed. I was a prisoner of my wounds. God pursued me for years until I was ready to turn to Him and face the truth of what was really going on inside of me. That was the first step to healing.
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God." 1 John 3:1

No comments: