Monday, June 22, 2009

Living Waters Ministries

After my breakthrough, I was making slow progress to change. But there was still lingering sadness. I was very unhappy. A dark cloud was centered in my soul. I discovered that the wounds I lived with for years were festering and needed attention. God led me to a ministry called Living Waters, a ministry dedicated to the healing of sexual and relational brokenness. I was relationally broken because of the wounds I suffered early in my life. There God brought to light and gave names to those wounds and what was at the root of them. I had to fall before Him and acknowledge that I had a need I couldn't possibly meet. This acknowledgement was painful because I had to see the truth about myself and the relationships I had. I was seeking to fill my bottomless need through those relationships and it wasn't working. Before I could have healthy relationships, I needed to be healthy. The little girl locked up in a dark room inside me cried out to be free and mature. For the next two years, God took me through my ugly, broken places into the light of healing. After seeing my need, I discovered how passionately the Father was pursuing me for the ultimate in relationships, a relationship with Him that would be the foundation of all my relationships.

"If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36

No comments: