Sunday, June 14, 2009

"There is no fear in love"

I love this verse. It speaks to the very core of my being. God revealed to me that my greatest fear was not having enough. I grew up in an alcoholic home where money disappeared in gambling or the drink. Because of that, we suffered financially. That's where the fear began and it became my mindset for years. I didn't trust God because I couldn't trust my earthly father to come through. Distrust and fear ruled my life, so I was anxious about money and constantly worried where it was going to come from. That lead to massive credit card debt. We didn't have enough, so we needed to get more, even if it was credit.
God has done some powerful healing and that fear is surfacing less and less these days. I know He loves me. I know He will always take care of me and my family. When I'm discouraged, I go back to the Word given to me by my Father in heaven: "...Your heavenly Father knows that you need them (food, etc.). Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things (food, shelter, clothing) will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:32-33. That is my rock. On that I stand, even if my world is crumbling around me.
Hallelujah, Amen.

No comments: