Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Correction: Jesus is my BFF!

I discovered I got the initials wrong on the last blog, but the thought is still the same. What does it mean, Jesus is my best Friend? It means there is no one else who fills my heart's needs to the overflowing. There is no one else who could have possibly died for my sins and made me fit for heaven. There is no one else who loves me thoroughly, unconditionally, and eternally. I have no doubts about His love, even when things get bleak or rough. I know that in the world I will have trouble, but He has overcome the world. I can talk to Him in prayer and He listens and talks back. I love Him so much. His Word is final; I don't need to ask anyone else, unless He wants me to. It's taken me more than half of my life to find a best friend. I want to enjoy the other half in deep communion with Him.

No comments: