Friday, January 8, 2010

The Power of Love

When Jesus told me He loved me and that nothing could separate me from His love, He spoke right to my heart and for the first time in years, I believed it. This rocks my world. It's a source of healing I come back to when I feel rejected, lonely, or any other emotion from the old days of abandonment issues. It can be over the smallest thing, but I still need to be reminded by the Spirit how much He loves me and nothing could ever change that. I find my center in Jesus so I have the strength to walk through the most difficult circumstances. No matter how hard the enemy hits me, I have the greatest defense: God loves me. End of story. I fail, but I'm not a failure. I matter. I always have. These are the deep assurances of divine love.

No comments: